Eyelash extensions have grown in popularity due to their ability to enhance one’s natural lashes without mascara maintaining them is as crucial as the application process. Regular cleaning can extend their lifespan and keep them looking fresh.
This article will discuss how to clean your eyelash extensions properly, recommend products, and offer tips for maintenance.
Why It’s Important to Clean Your Eyelash Extension?
Regular cleaning of your eyelash extensions is essential for preserving their appearance and overall health. Eyelashes collect dirt, oil, and bacteria throughout the day, which, if left unaddressed, can lead to infections or damage. Moreover, neglecting to clean extensions can result in premature shedding or clumping.
How to Clean Your Eyelash Extension?
Products to Use:
When it comes to cleaning your eyelash extension, it’s important to use products that are gentle and specifically designed for eyelash extensions. Here are some products that you can use:
- Lash Shampoo – specifically designed for eyelash extensions.
- Oil free makeup remover – to remove any makeup residue.
- Micellar water – gentle and effective makeup remover that doesn’t require rinsing.
- Baby shampoo – gentle enough to use on your eyelash extension.
- Cleansing brush – to help remove any dirt or debris.
How to Clean Without Lash Shampoo:
If you don’t have lash shampoo, you can use a mixture of baby shampoo and water. Here’s how:
- Mix a small amount of baby shampoo with water.
- Dip a cleansing brush into the mixture and brush your eyelash extension.
- Rinse with water and gently pat dry with a clean towel.
What is Micellar Water?
Micellar water, a gentle and effective makeup remover that requires no rinsing, comprises micelles or tiny oil molecules suspended in water. These micelles attract and remove dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin and eyelash extensions. To use micellar water:
- Soak a cotton pad with micellar water.
- Gently press the cotton pad onto your eyelash extension.
- Hold the cotton pad in place for a few seconds to allow the micellar water to work its magic.
- Carefully swipe the pad over your extensions, avoiding tugging or pulling.
- Repeat on the other eye.
Tips for Maintaining Your Eyelash Extension:
In addition to cleaning your eyelash extension regularly, there are a few other tips to keep in mind to maintain their appearance and prolong their lifespan:
- Avoid getting your eyelash extension wet for the first 24-48 hours after getting them done.
- Avoid using oil-based products on your eyelash extension, as they can break down the adhesive and cause your lashes to fall out prematurely.
- Be gentle when removing your makeup and cleaning your eyelash extension, as tugging or pulling on your lashes can cause damage or premature falling out.
- Brush your eyelash extension daily with a clean mascara wand or spoolie brush to help keep them looking neat and separated.
Proper cleaning and maintenance are crucial for preserving your extensions’ appearance and longevity. By following the advice in this article, you can keep your eyelash extensions clean, healthy, and full. Use gentle, specially designed products and avoid harsh handling when cleaning or removing makeup to prevent damage or premature shedding. With proper care, your eyelash extensions can last several weeks or even months, providing the desired dramatic, full lash look.